There are several good news stories up for today, so take encouragement from them.
- People in South Africa get exactly what Barack Obama is all about and came out to protest his arrival.
- Canada’s Cities Report 50% Drop In Homelessness.
- Wal-mart employee finds expensive wedding ring that customer lost and returns it. The woman then publicly thanked the anonymous employee in a open letter in her newspaper.
- Cambodian Orphans donate to help Alberta, Canada flood victims.
- These teens are voluntarily serving in their communities and changing the world in the process.
- One fisherman saves the life of his injured mate after an epic three hour swim through freezing waters.
- A Spanish town builds world’s first plant to convert sewage into clean energy. I don’t know about the costs in the article, but the innovation seems impressive.
- An idealistic Harvard and Oxford graduate left his six-figure job on Wall Street for Africa, where he’s helping one of South Africa’s poorest townships learn how to be entrepreneurs.
- This 3 year old hears his father for the first time after he received a breakthrough auditory brain stem implant when a normal cochlear implant failed.
- Panera Bread now has 5 cafes where customers pay whatever they choose to in order to help those less fortunate. They aren’t doing it because they are forced to do it, but have chosen to do it. They have found that only 20% pay less than they should have.
“But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.”
If you have good news to share with the world, please click on the contact tab above and email me the link.